Human Trafficking Defense Attorneys San Antonio and South Texas
Human trafficking is one of the most serious crimes in the United States and can result in decades in prison time. If you or someone you know has been charged with human trafficking, it’s important to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
Human trafficking can include accusations of smuggling undocumented immigrants or trafficking persons for other criminal purposes. If you are charged with human trafficking, certain circumstances may make the punishment for the offense more severe. Some circumstances include:
- The victim was under 18 years old at the time of the offense.
- The defendant was over 21 years old at the time of the offense.
- The defendant is alleged to have committed multiple offenses related to trafficking persons
- The defendant knew about the victim’s history of human trafficking.
- The victim was not able to leave the country immediately after the crime because he/she was a victim of trafficking.
- The defendant had a relationship with the victim prior to the offense.
- The victim was physically injured as a result of the crime.
- The victim was unable to provide evidence of her identity or location due to fear of reprisal from the defendant.
- The defendant received a benefit or payment for trafficking the victim.
Here and Daniel & Halstead we can help you develop strategies to fight against these charges. We understand that these cases have complex transactions and require a thorough understanding of human trafficking laws.
Call today (210) 222-2297 to schedule a confidential consultation.