Determined To Fight Criminal Charges In San Antonio And Bexar Counties
A criminal charge may be the most intimidating and consequential event you face in your life. In a flash, your career, housing options and other areas of life could be permanently altered. Whether you are facing state or federal charges, you need experience on your side as you look for a defense lawyer.
At Daniel & Halstead in San Antonio, you have the opportunity to work with acclaimed criminal defense attorneys Doug Daniel and Woody Halstead. They have more than 65 combined years of experience and a glowing track record of results. They devote their practice to getting practical, real-world results for people facing serious criminal offenses across South Texas. Contact them today for a free consultation.
Daniel & Halstead Know Criminal Cases And Can Help You
The firm’s attorneys are well-known in Bexar County for the range of complex criminal charges they handle. Some examples include the following:
- Drug offenses: If you have been arrested or charged with a drug crime, the conviction can have severe penalties and imprisonment.
- Drug possession and distribution: Both federal and state laws make controlled substances – including methamphetamine, heroin and cocaine – illegal.
- Trafficking of drugs: Federal drug trafficking indictments can be accompanied by a variety of other charges, such as conspiracy and racketeering.
- Federal offenses: The firm’s attorneys are well-versed in the effects of federal sentencing guidelines. They will work to defend you against the government’s prosecutors.
- Crimes involving firearms: If they’re convicted of a weapons offense, an individual may also face additional penalties that are determined by state and federal laws.
- Any type of breach of fiduciary duty: Texas judicial systems place significant responsibility on those with the title of fiduciary. The firm’s lawyers can help if you have been accused of breaching a fiduciary duty.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI): Being accused of drunk driving can have a long-term impact on your life and can result in possible jail time and fines.
- Embezzlement and similar white collar crimes: The complexity of employee theft or embezzlement cases can vary considerably, depending on many factors.
- Fraud of all varieties: A person who uses deceitful tactics to acquire money, assets, property or any form of financial investment commits fraud.
- Kidnapping and human trafficking: Human trafficking is one of the most serious crimes in the United States and can result in decades of prison time.
- Intoxication crimes: Charges for intoxication-related offenses can include DWI, intoxication assault and manslaughter.
- Sex-related crimes: Sex crimes carry some of the harshest penalties and greatest stigmas of any criminal offense a person can face.
- Sexual assault: If you are facing sexual assault and battery charges, then choosing an experienced lawyer can help the outcome of your case.
- Sexual assault or abuse of a child: Being accused of sexually abusing a child is devastating. The firm’s attorneys are experienced in defending individuals accused of sexual misconduct with children.
- Assaultive offenses: Assault, aggravated assault, injury to a child/elderly, deadly conduct and terroristic threat.
- Criminal homicide: Murder, manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide.
- White collar crimes: White collar crimes are offenses that encompass nonviolent crimes, often involving financial transactions.
- Property crimes: Arson, criminal mischief, burglary, robbery, criminal trespass and theft.
- Other crimes: Computer crime, organized crime and gambling crime.
- Revocation hearings: Motion to revoke (MTR) or failure to appear (FTA).
Your criminal charges may fall under other categories as well. The team is prepared to take on complex and difficult cases.