Experienced, Determined Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving San Antonio
A criminal charge is a major life event for nearly anyone. In a flash, you are facing major hurdles. You could end up in jail and with a criminal record. Your occupational opportunities and other areas of life could be altered permanently. Regardless of whether you are facing state or federal charges, you need experience on your side as you look for a defense lawyer.
At Daniel & Halstead in San Antonio, you have the opportunity to work with attorneys Doug Daniel and Woody Halstead on your defense. With more than 65 combined years of experience and a glowing track record, they are respected and are available to meet with you.
Common Types Of Criminal Cases That Clients Face In San Antonio
The firm’s attorneys will review your case in a free consultation regarding criminal charges such as the following:
- Drug offenses: If you have been arrested or charged with a drug crime, the conviction can have severe penalties and imprisonment.
- Drug possession and distribution: Both federal and state laws make controlled substances – including methamphetamine, heroin and cocaine – illegal.
- Trafficking of drugs: Federal drug trafficking indictments can be accompanied by a variety of other charges, such as conspiracy and racketeering.
- Federal offenses: The firm’s attorneys are well versed in the effects of federal sentencing guidelines. They will work to defend you against the government’s prosecutors.
- Crimes involving firearms: If they’re convicted of a weapons offense, an individual may also face additional penalties that are determined by state and federal laws.
- Any type of breach of fiduciary duty: Texas judicial systems place significant responsibility on those with the title of fiduciary. The firm’s lawyers can help if you have been accused of breaching a fiduciary duty.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI): Being accused of drunk driving can have a long-term impact on your life and can result in possible jail time and fines.
- Embezzlement and similar white collar crimes: The complexity of employee theft or embezzlement cases can vary considerably, depending on many factors.
- Fraud of all varieties: A person who uses deceitful tactics to acquire money, assets, property or any form of financial investment commits fraud.
- Kidnapping and human trafficking: Human trafficking is one of the most serious crimes in the United States and can result in decades of prison time.
- Intoxication crimes: Charges for intoxication-related offenses can include DWI, intoxication assault and manslaughter.
- Sex-related crimes: Sex crimes carry some of the harshest penalties and greatest stigmas of any criminal offense a person can face.
- Sexual assault: If you are facing sexual assault and battery charges, then choosing an experienced lawyer can help the outcome of your case.
- Sexual assault or abuse of a child: Being accused of sexually abusing a child is devastating. The firm’s attorneys are experienced in defending individuals accused of sexual misconduct with children.
- Assaultive offenses: assault, aggravated assault, injury to a child/elderly, deadly conduct, terroristic threat.
- Criminal homicide: murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide.
- White collar crimes: White collar crimes are offenses that encompass nonviolent crimes, often involving financial transactions.
- Property crimes: arson, criminal mischief, burglary, robbery, criminal trespass, theft.
- Other crimes: computer crime, organized crime, and gambling crime.
- Revocation hearings: MTR’s/ FTA’s
Your criminal charges may fall under other categories as well. The team at Daniel & Halstead is prepared to take on complex and difficult cases.