Turn To Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys In San Antonio
Federal charges are usually more severe than state charges and consequences of a conviction can be harsher. The severity or location of criminal activity may make a legal situation a federal case rather than a state crime case.
For example, federal criminal charges could come about because of:
- The quantities of banned substances being trafficked
- The transport of an assault victim or counterfeit goods across state lines
- The manner in which an assault took place
Investigators and prosecutors in federal criminal cases may come from federal agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Challenging a federal prosecutor’s evidence may enable a defense attorney to fight to have a case moved to state court rather than federal court.
It is important to work with highly experienced criminal defense attorneys when you are facing federal charges in Texas. At Daniel & Halstead in San Antonio, the lawyers have more than 65 combined years of experience and a strong track record with federal cases.
A Firm Tackling A Variety Of Federal Criminal Cases
The attorneys at Daniel & Halstead have extensive experience in representing individuals facing a range of federal charges, such as:
- Federal drug trafficking offenses
- Firearms violations and terrorism-related offenses
- Sex offenses, child pornography and other internet crimes
- Mail fraud and identity theft
- Tax evasion and money laundering offenses
- Bank robbery
- Kidnapping, bribery of public officials and arson
The lawyers at Daniel & Halstead understand how to defend clients with federal sentencing guidelines in mind. They will work to defend you against the government’s accusations. They apply keys to favorable outcomes such as ensuring that the sentencing guidelines are calculated properly and mitigating factors such as Safety Valve and Substantial Assistance are applied appropriately.
What To Do If You Are Facing Severe Federal Criminal Charges
The defense team at Daniel & Halstead is dedicated to helping clients protect their future from the harsh consequences of a conviction.