See The Firm’s Attorneys In San Antonio For Human Trafficking Defense
Human trafficking is considered one of the most serious crimes in the United States. A conviction can result in decades of prison time in Texas. You have no time to waste if you have been accused or charged with this crime.
If you or someone you know has been charged with human trafficking, it’s important to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. At Daniel & Halstead, you have the chance to be represented by knowledgeable defense attorneys serving Bexar, Kerr, Gillespie and Kendall counties. They will fight for the most favorable outcome that your federal criminal case allows.
When Charges And Penalties May Escalate
Human trafficking can include accusations of smuggling undocumented immigrants or trafficking persons for other criminal purposes.
If you are a defendant in a human trafficking case and are convicted, circumstances may make the punishment even more severe. Penalties may escalate if:
- The victim was under 18 years old at the time of the offense.
- You were over 21 years old at the time of the offense.
- You are alleged to have committed multiple offenses related to trafficking persons.
- You knew about the victim’s history of human trafficking.
- The victim was not able to leave the country immediately after the crime.
- You had a relationship with the victim prior to the offense.
- The victim was physically injured because of the crime.
- The victim was unable to provide evidence of their identity or location due to fear of reprisal from you, the defendant.
- You received a benefit or payment for trafficking the victim.
Here at Daniel & Halstead, you will find defense lawyers who will work with you to develop strategies to fight against such allegations and, most importantly, your criminal charges.
Ready To Defend You Vigorously
The team of attorneys at Daniel & Halstead understands that these cases may involve complex aspects. They are ready to apply a thorough understanding of human trafficking laws to your defense.